Tuesday 18 August 2015

The Woodlot Clean-up

On the 14th of August 2015 I had a 20 ton digger dropped of at my place. It came to shift all the September 2013 wind fallen trees into piles so Dad can put a match to it and eventually they will burn into embers. The digger driver Ben will root-rake his way in and start plucking trees off the ground and put them into piles, as I said. We can't sell the trees because they are too young to be worth any thing. The age the tree has to be is 23 (Human) years old to be worth any money. Our trees are 18 years of age. Ben has to pluck about 2,000 trees three by three. He will be at my place for at least 3 days. 

All is left now is 3 smoking and smouldering piles of charcoal, a few pinecones and bits of trees. Mum, my little sister and I make little camp fires pretty much everyday after school.

No comments:

Post a Comment